Lighting a candle serves different purposes for many people. For some, it can be a way to fragrance a room or to set a particular mood or ambiance at home. For others, it can be an offering to imbue prayers and to honor a Higher Being. Candles are used for many occasions, some as symbols in rituals or certain ceremonies and some for celebrations. Take a wedding, for example. You might have seen candles at the altar or in the aisles. This is not simply for “style” or to illuminate and add elegance to the place but rather as a symbol of hope for a happy marriage. On birthdays, have you ever wondered why you blow out candles on a cake? It is actually believed that candles on a cake symbolize or celebrate the passage of time.
With all this special energy, symbolisms, and divine elements connected to the act of lighting candles, it’s no wonder that people have now discovered the power of intention candles. While the history of the specific use of a candle for intentions may seem a little out there, you’ll find the magic just as bright as the fiery essence. If you are intrigued and want to learn more then get your Chandler & Me candle ready for lighting, sit down, and relax as we take a deeper look into the magic of intention candles.
Intention candles help bring inspiration and healing at the same time creating a vision for life.
People of all faiths and walks of life use intention candles as a way to attract wishes and desires. Here’s what many believe happens when you light an intention candle. The magic of a candle illuminates the intention you send and meditate for, it releases it outwards into the universe. It’s a manifestation practice that broadcasts the energy you send and want to receive in return. Anything you cast or put out there is what you receive.
On a symbolic level, lighting a candle represents the five elements: earth, water, air, fire and spirit. The wick and base signify earth and are vital for keeping the flame steady. The wax transforming from a solid to a liquid and then to a gas, emulates the transmutational properties of the water element. The air is crucial for both keeping the flame lit and extinguishing it. Then the flame, element of rebirth, represents passion and willpower. And the spirit is us when we focus our intention to the candle and infuse it with our soul and energy.
Many believe that an intention candle can deliver a miracle. It’s no wonder we all make a wish when we blow out a birthday candle!
Basic Candle Intention Ritual
Before you start with the whole process, take time to clear your aura of any negative energy you may be bearing from deep within. A simple bath or shower can help clear your energy in this part.t
- Gather your candle, a pen, a piece of paper. You can even add additional tools like crystals, flowers to place on your altar or near the candle.
- Close your eyes and slowly focus your attention, using your mind’s eye to visualise your goals and what you’d like to manifest. Focus on the sensation of what it feels like having those dreams.
- Once you’ve fully captured that feeling and have visualized your wish and goals, take out your pen and paper and begin writing down your intention
- Once done, read your intentions out loud – as many times as you like – take your time and meditate on them. Fold the paper into four and place it underneath the heat surface, with your candle on top.
- Light your candle and stare at the flame, sending your intention into the light.
- When ready, close your candle ritual with words of gratitude and positive affirmation. Recognize by giving thanks to what’s already in motion.
- Let your candle burn as much as you want. Be sure not to blow out the candle. If you need to put down the fire, cap the candle instead. Once the candle burns through completely, you can light another one to keep the intention going.
You can find a number of candle intention guides by attending candle intention workshops or by looking at videos online. It’s also important to understand that setting intention candles is not an easy fix or a temporary solution for any of life’s challenges. You will get only as far as the work you’re willing to put in to set things in motion for yourself. The intention candle is a magical ceremony or ritual that performs simply as a messenger to deliver your goals to the world. So when partaking a candle intention practice, be sure you’re ready to work toward your goals.
For newbies, you can have a look at our range of candles to help you start with choosing the candles to use with your intention setting sessions.